- Make sure you bring your quote in with you as well as any correspondence, photos or anything that we need to help us make your cake. Phone quotes will not be recognized. A deposit must be paid to confirm your order.
- One third deposit is needed to secure a booking.
- First in first served. In other words, if you have a quote and we happen to book out that day your order will not proceed. Only after the deposit is taken is the order in our system. When you have decided that you want us to make your cake it is advisable to place the order as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. We can only physically make so many cakes.
- We prefer you to come in to order your cake just so we can go through all the details again, but you can ring through a deposit and go through most details over the phone. There may be some questions that need to be answered at a later date e.g. flavor, who is your florist, delivery. If you are ordering on line you can do it all over the net including payment.
- When ordering a wedding cake we recommend 3 months notice especially if we need to organize sugar, flowers and or toppers. Simpler cakes and not peak seasons means this is not always necessary. A $50 charge is non-refundable if your wedding is cancelled or for some reason you choose not to go ahead. A refund of the balance will only be in full if enough notice is given. All work that has already been completed must be paid for e.g. sugar, flowers, cake toppers, and can be collected.
- Deposits can be paid by cash, cheque, credit card or bank transfer.
- If making a payment or deposit through bank transfer, it is important to state the date of the function and the surname of the order (groom’s name for wedding cakes, e.g. Schmidt 120612). The more information the better. An email advising of your payment is also recommended, this way we are certain to know whose order the payment is for ~ [email protected]
Our account details are:
Vivid Pastries Pty Ltd
BSB: 015 208
- If you have an edible image on your cake then you must either attach the file when purchasing your cake or email through as a jpeg attachment only, not insert it onto the body of the email. Please not to big or too small. Print one out before you send it to make sure of the quality. We can change the size as long as the file is not too small and pixelated. Email to: [email protected]. In the subject please state the date of your function and the name the order is in, not the birthday person. You may, in the message say, this is for ‘Peter’s 50th’ for example, but in the subject it must be in the name of the order and the date of pickup not the date is was ordered. You can also state any instructions for your image e.g. close up of face.
- When using fresh flowers on your cake they will need to be delivered to us the day before. Unless we have spoken to you about it, we require the flowers just in a bunch not arranged. We will do the arranging on the day of your wedding before they go on the cake. We will keep your flowers fresh in our fridge in water.
- The arrangement fee in your cake price is for us to arrange the flowers not to supply the flowers unless stated that we will supply. We prefer flowers through your florist as then they all match and can tie in with your other flowers.
- Full payment is required 2 weeks prior to wedding cake is required and one week before for all other cakes that are to be delivered. Cakes will not be delivered unless they are paid in full. Credit card over the phone is the most popular way of paying or bank transfer. Cakes that are collected can be finalised on the day day of pickup.
- Delivery times cannot be guaranteed but are normally between 10 and 2pm. This means in most cases, the cake will need to go into a fridge. It will be fully boxed and labeled, but must be kept refrigerated unless it is an iced mud or fruitcake. Sunday delivery will carry a $120.00 surcharge on top of the normal fee. This is to cover the wage cost for Sunday as we are not open so someone has to come in.
- If you are transporting your cake for some distance you will need to think of how you will keep it as cold as possible. Once the cake has left the shop it is your responsibility to care for it. Please think about this when ordering your cake if your function is at home or at a venue with a domestic size fridge. The cake has to be refrigerated as soon as possible after pickup.
- Stand hire for cupcakes is $40 with a refundable stand deposit of $100. The stand must be bought back in its original condition to receive the bond back. The stands need to be back by Thursday the week after the function at the very latest as they need to be ready for the next booking. The refundable stand deposit goes back onto a credit card, we do not refund cash. Please note we are close on Mondays.
- Cake toppers and any other cake decorations, including ribbons that you are supplying, should be delivered to us at least one week before. This way if they need something done to them or they are not suitable we have time to sort it out.
- We guarantee our workmanship and quality. If for any reason you are not 100% happy, please do not hesitate to let us know straight away as we may be able to sort something out for you. Please check your cake carefully before you leave the shop. We rarely make mistakes but if we have then it is a lot easier to fix there and then than having to transport the cake back to us.
Our after hours contact for emergencies only is James Schmidt 0417 808 729